What is L’être égale ?
A small not-for-profit organisation based in France, working on gender equality in France and at an international level in a variety of countries, particularly in West Africa. It specializes in gender mainstreaming and gender budgeting. It is involved in training, evaluation, organisational developement as well as research projects.
Key experiences since 2012
Gender responsive budgeting (GRB)
- 2019 : GRB training for Tunisian governement officers (UNWOMEN)
- 2017-2020: Support to French local authorities to introduce GRB in the development of popular neighbourhoods
- 2017-2018: Several workshops for UNWOMEN on gender responsive budgeting for Moroccan central and local government
- 2017-2018: International training workshops on GRB for governments and NGO staff (UNWOMEN Serbia, Turkey)
- 2016-2017: Supervision of an action-research project on GRB at communal level in Senegal, in collaboration with Université Gaston Berger, St Louis, Senegal
- 2010-2014: Elaboration and tutoring e-learning sessions on “financing equality”, “gender budgeting and budget support” for the ILO Training Center
- 2013: Burundi – One week training on gender responsive budgeting (GRB) for MPs and other elected members of Burundi institutions: included gender analysis, introduction to and application of GRB arguments and tools, strategy development.
Gender mainstreaming (training and organisational development)
- 2013- Now: Adviser and trainers on mainstreaming gender in urban policies (developing arguments, tools, strategies, sensitizing councilors, technical staff and civil society members, training French local authorities in gender mainstreaming in local public policies and GRB
- 2015: Policy development and staff training for The Union des Femmes de Martinique
- 2015: Training and tools development for DRC UNDP staff on gender mainstreaming in micro-finance (Kivu region) // training and tool development for mainstreaming gender in all components of DRC UNDP programme
- 2011- 2014: On-line + workshops ILO/ICT Facilitator of e-learning modules and workshops (Gender Academy) on gender mainstreaming and financing gender equality
- 2010 – 2020: IHEID (University Geneva), development of 5 e-learning courses on gender concepts and theories, gender and education, gender budgeting, gender and rural development, and gender and conflict, leading to a Certificate of Advanced studies. Includes defining topics, identifying relevant literature, developing exercises and tools, tutoring GRB module on line
- Concept notes: Writing up Gender and biodiversity and Gender and Sanitation (Agence Française de Développement, 2013)
- Since 2012 : Training and training of trainers workshops for small and large organisations (public and private sector, universities) on « gender and development », gender and project cycle management …
Evaluation and research
- 2020 – running: Gender expert in the DPU Overdue project, targeting taboos in sanitation in urban Africa.
- 2019: Mid-term evaluation of EU Moussawat programme in Tunisia
Project coordinator and trainer : Claudy Vouhé
Claudy Vouhé has worked as a gender expert for nearly 30 years. She specialises in training and supporting gender mainstreaming, including GRB, mostly in West African countries. A feminist, she has worked alongside women’s organisations as well as international and national institutions. She is a founding member of Genre en Action, a francophone research and advocacy network.